Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Rain

It was a perfect day for rain. 

Not because I needed a car wash, or because I wanted to cuddle, or because I wanted a kiss in the rain like I see in the movies. 
It was a perfect day for rain because when you looked at my face you couldn't tell that it was wet from a 40 minute car ride of crying uncontrollably. It was a perfect day for rain because the raindrops on my car windows hid my embarrassment. As people drove by me, they had no idea that I was playing all the songs that reminded me of you and they stung so bad. It was the perfect day for rain because it was the perfect weather to hide myself in a big jacket so I didn't have to face the world that day. I hoped and prayed it would rain again and again because I wasn't ready to face the world any day. Not without you. 

4 comments:

  1. wow. i realllyyyyy like this.
    Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to tell you how much i like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rain is the most beautiful thing ever.
    I love how you put this.
    so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you place your words to create an image as this is read

    ReplyDelete